What kind of data are available through the Freshwater Biodiversity Data Portal/BioFresh data repository?
Data made available through the Freshwater Biodiversity Data Portal/BioFresh repository include data that are
made available under the conditions specified in the metadatabase. These data
are not necessarily integrated (yet) in the occurrence database and are
available 'as is'. Users of these datasets must agree to the conditions under
(see also Data policy)
- The quality, accuracy and completeness of data provided by the Freshwater Biodiversity Data Portal/BioFresh
data portal cannot be guaranteed. It lies within the responsibility of data
providers to perform quality control and further corrections.
In any case, users employ this data at their own responsibility.
- Users must respect restrictions of access to sensitive data.
- In order to make proper usage attribution to data creators/owners,
the data ownership identifier must be retained with every data record
(e.g., a paper-published reference,
a database with the date of the version).
- In conjunction with the use of the data, users must publicly acknowledge
the data publishers, providers and creators/owners whose data they use.
Data users should refer to the suggested citation information provided on the
data portal, the results page(s) and in the data download as applicable. Data
providers may require additional attribution of specific datasets within their
institution as identified in the metadata.
- Users must comply with additional terms and conditions for data usage
specified by the data provider in the metadata when existing.
- Unless specified otherwise, data are made available under one of the
following licenses/licence waivers; the
Creative Commons Zero (CC0) Public Domain Dedication,
Open Data Commons Public Domain Dedication and License (PDDL),
Open Data Commons Attribution License or the
Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- For any commercial use, potential users should refer to the conditions
stated in the metadata and get in touch with the original data creator/owner.
If no data creator/owner is specified, request should be directed to the
Return to data home